Gabi Moskowitz is the editor-in-chief of the nationally-acclaimed budget cooking blog BrokeAss Gourmet, author of The BrokeAss Gourmet Cookbook (Egg & Dart 2012), Pizza Dough: 100 Delicious, Unexpected Recipes (Egg & Dart, 2013), as well as the forthcoming Hot Mess Kitchen (Grand Central Publishing/Hachette, 2017), and Young & Hungry (Hyperion, 2017).
Gabi is also the co-producer of Young & Hungry, a Freeform comedy, now in its fifth season. The show is loosely inspired by her life and writing, and she starred in a web series in conjunction with the show, called Young & Foodie.
Food Therapy with Gabi Moskowitz
From baking pies to making “angry” pasta through depression and heartbreak, Gabi explores the therapeutic benefits of getting your hands dirty in the kitchen. Life is messy and it’s hard to be truly prepared, but there is no problem you can’t cook your way out of. Gabi’s show demonstrates how the process can be heartening, hilarious and fun. It’s one part live cooking show, one part interview, injected with as much comedy and heart as possible.
- Interviewed with Marketplace on her new cookbook Hot Mess Kitchen: Recipes for Your Delicious Disastrous Life
- “‘Hot Mess’ cookbook by Santa Rosa chef makes cooking fun for millennials” by The Press Democrat
- “The Jewish Chef who Inspired this Popular TV Show” on The Nosher
- Gabi and Miranda Berman talked about their new cook book with Flare
- Refinery29 debuted a few recipes from Hot Mess Kitchen that are perfect for those with “jam-packed schedules and budget-stretched lives”
- Recently featured in San Francisco Magazine