Kevin Lyman has shaped youth culture for over 35 years with his award-winning expertise in the music and entertainment industry as well as business and philanthropic ventures. Lyman is best known as the creator of the Vans Warped Tour, going into its twenty-fourth and final year, which can be considered one of the most socially influential music tours in the United States.
He pioneered the successful integration of corporate sponsors with the extreme lifestyle, creating a blueprint for sponsorship integration widely duplicated in the marketplace today. Kevin’s production agency, 4Fini, uses this blueprint to produce some of the most influential events in the world including branded festivals and custom events.
Lately he has been involving himself with lifestyle start-ups like Saint Archer Brewery, Good Dye Young, Plus Ultra bamboo products and Villager products.
After the Vans Warped tour he will begin teaching as an associate professor at the University of Sothern California and focus on the FEND (Full, Energy, No, Drugs) opioid education movement.
For his philanthropic efforts, Lyman was recognized as the Billboard Touring Awards Humanitarian of the Year (2009), an honoree at the Grammy/MusiCares MAP Fund Gala (2011 and 2014), was inducted into the Top Dog Touring Hall of Fame at the Tour Link Conference (2012), and will receive the TJ Martell Foundation Humanitarian Award (2016).
He will be honored at the 2018 Fest Forum as the man of the year in November 2018.
- Watch as Kevin Lyman explains his expectations and visions for the future of US festivals.
- Learn about the changes Kevin Lyman has made to the festival industry, and how those festivals create community.
- Read about the end of the Warped Tour, what it’s meant for past generations, and what the future holds.
- Kevin Lyman gives an interview about his time spent with the Warped tour.
- Kevin Lyman uses education methods and his standing with the Warped Tour to help end the opioid crisis.