Xiuhtezcatl (pronounced ‘Shoe-Tez-Caht’) is a multifaceted recording artist: bilingual rapper, songwriter, producer, and composer. He has performed on stages across the globe using his art as a tool for resistance and a medium to communicate his story. Using his music to reflect the world around him, Xiuhtezcatl writes to bring people together, inspire his generation, and change the face of hip hop.
Collaborating and performing with a diverse array of influential artists has offered an amazing platform from which Xiuhtezcatl’s musical progess has evolved. Since releasing the album Generation RYSE with Earth Guardians in 2014, his style has emerged as he refines his skills onstage and on the mic.
Xiuhtezcatl is working with a team of world-class producers and instrumentalists – including multi gold record producer Brian Hardin – to release his debut hip hop record Break Free. Here, X begins to tell his stories from the frontlines of oppression and injustice.
Preparing for an early 2018 release, Xiuhtezcatl sees Break Free making waves. As a young indigenous person of color, Xiuhtezcatl is showing his generation the power of using our passions to tell our stories and create change.
From rapping at protests without a sound system before his voice dropped to performing at the Standing Rock encampment with Immortal Technique and Nahko, Xiuhtezcatl is waking people up with his art. His message reminds the world that hip hop has always been a voice for the oppressed and a tool for liberation.
- At 17 years old, Xiuhtezcatl has already accomplished landmark achievements such as performing at Red Rocks Amphitheater twice, supporting Talib Kweli, and bringing hip-hop to the United Nations.
- X has worked and collaborated with world class musicians and producers including: Chance the Rapper, Jaden Smith, stic.man of Dead Prez, Chali 2na and Jurassic 5, Raury, Nahko, Trevor Hall, Ozomatli, Flobots, Tru, Rising Appalachia, and more.
- Has been featured on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore, Real Time with Bill Maher (x2), VICE, NBC News, TED, Rolling Stone, and National Geographic.
- His debut album “Break Free”, featuring artists such as Jaden Smith, is set for release Q1 2018.
- Ranked #2 on the Huffington Post’s article, “Top 10 Movers And Shakers in Sustainability”